There are two kinds of websites, static and dynamic. Static sites are non-blog sites. Blog sites are dynamic. Static sites are old school. Dynamic database driven sites like WordPress are cutting-edge and where all sites are headed towards in the future.
A static website, which includes the much loathed template site, is the cheapest to develop and host. And even though they are a dime a dozen on the Internet, most are lost in the dregs of cyberspace and are difficult to get any placement for if they show up in the SERPs at all.
Static websites also require SEO maintenance since they have organically poor server to search engine communication. The word “static” equals “stagnant” and pretty much sums up what most static sites are about. They sit out there in Nowhere Land and do diddly-squat. Don’t waste your money or time on a static site, especially a template site.
There’s nothing “stagnant” about a self-hosted WordPress site if it’s configured correctly (what we do). Every time you update your site with fresh content, freshbot spiders come a crawling. XML RPC shoots your content out far and wide and the Google XML Sitemap tells the search engines to re-index your site whenever you update your content.
The weakness with static sites is they don’t have any means to communicate directly with search engines, RSS bots and spiders. That’s what makes WordPress such a powerful system. If you have a static site and are updating the content on a regular basis, it’s imperative that you build a sitemap.
With WordPress, if you have a real time site stat plugin like StatPress, you can even watch the spider crawling activity in action and that my friend is proof in the pudding. A word of warning: StatPress is highly addictive. You can spy on your traffic, check out what search terms your site visitors come in on and how they traverse your site.
The bottom line is that a self-hosted WordPress site, (if configured properly), is all systems go and will outperform a static site, 9 out of 10 times in the SERPS. All you have to do is write engaging SEO content (follow a sound content plan) and you WILL see results in the SERPs. Your only limitation will be the willingness to write on a consistent basis.
If you are interested in converting your static site or template site (that does absolutely nothing) to a dynamic WordPress blog or adding one to your online arsenal, let me know!
Search Engine Optimization and Quality Content – The Best of Both Worlds!
On our website, we give away a ton of free, up-to-date information about WordPress, SEO and business blogging. Learn more about why people-focused, optimized content on WordPress is the answer for top, organic search engine placement – SEO WordPress success – the Diva and Cowboy Way!
Related Articles about WordPress and SEO Blogging:
- Content is King!
- Real estate blogging tip – Start out with a sound content plan
- SEO business blogging – A Societal trend that’s here to stay
- Five SEO myths debunked
- Website curb Appeal is paramount to your online success
- WordPress training, business blog coaching and SEO
- The best hosting for WordPress – understand your options
- Website geo-targeting for area authority using embedded Google maps
- Blogging is here to stay and the best way to promote your business online
- Too many cooks in the WordPress kitchen – Recipe for disaster!
- When the creative blogging juices runneth dry
- WordPress trackbacks and pingbacks – Communication links between blogs
- WordPress SEO company recipe for success!
- Blog authority starts with quality content
- The lowdown on adding images to SEO blog posts
- SEO Blogging – How Google spiders your site!
- How to use tags for WordPress blog SEO
- Write a new blog post or give an earlier post a face lift?
- Negative comments on your blog – That’s what the delete key is for
- 5 SEO blogging tips for top search engine placement
- SEO Blogging tips – write for people not spiders
- SEO Website geo-targeting for specific locales
- The overuse of WordPress plugins
- Pleasure blogging vs SEO business blogging
- SEO case studies
- Deconstruction of a 500 word marketing article
- SEO Blogging – questions and answers
- SEO blogging tips – SERP results
- The magic formula for SEO blogging success!
- SEO website help or SEO website scam?
- SEO article marketing on WordPress
- SEO content for real estate
- SEO real estate content – show me proof in the SERPs!
- Keywords – The first tool in your SEO tool kit
- Five SEO WordPress blog writing tips for better blogging
- SEO WordPress – Kicking it up to notches unknown!
- Do you really want to outsource your content offshore?
- Duplicate content and web content plagiarism
Let Us Help You GET FOUND NOW!
We offer a comprehensive list of à la carte services to choose from or you can create a custom package that suites your business model and online goals. If you are interested in Internet presence management, blog coaching, WordPress training , SEO copywriting services, WordPress and SEO blog design (StudioPress-Genesis) or a SEO tune-up on your existing WordPress system, please fill out the online contact form or give us a call at 813.782.1619.
WordPress StudioPress-Genesis and SEO Experts for Real Estate