Boost Your Local Authority with Geo-targeted Area Profile Pages
If you create local area focused website pages or geo-targeted area profiles, you will boost your local authority and visibility in the index for your local market(s). Linking to comprehensive, local information-rich geo-targeted area profile pages, from other relevant pages or posts within your site will create powerful internal linking structure of local information. And everytime you update your blog and link to these pages, the you strengthen your local authority. Geo-targeted area profile pages are power house pages for local SEO.
“Better Content – More Leads”
For example, let’s say you blog about the local housing market, local restaurants and local shopping in Phoenix, Arizona. You would then link your blog posts to the Phoenix and Arizona area pages, which should also be linked to one another. The more you blog about various localism topics in the Phoenix area, and link to the Phoenix area profile page from your posts, then link those articles together under “Related Articles,” the more area authority you will create for those individual posts as well as your overall online presence.
Geo-targeted Area Profile Page Components
Comprehensive geo-targeted area profile pages should include an overview of the area you want to target as well as specific local information, such as: demographics, climate, geography, education, economy, employment, housing, arts and culture, points of interest, sports, recreation, transportation, and so forth. I reccomend that you stay clear of sensitive topics like religion and race, especially when it comes to real estate and equal fair housing regulations.
Use Reliable Information Sources
Make sure the information within your local area pages is current and accurately researched from reliable sources – some online sources are better than others. Obviously, you want to stay away from copying directly from websites like Wikipedia or City-Data because they’re not always accurate or updated on a regular basis. Not to mention, copying from other websites equals duplicate content. Google doesn’t favor content that’s been copied in exactly the same words as were used from other previously indexed sources.
Geo-targeting Your Local Market
You can geo-target your website pages and overall markets for specific states, counties, cities, neighborhoods, communities or even subdivisions. You can also get as granular as you like. However, make sure that you create the proper parent/child hierarchy within your page navigation and URL structures. If you’re planning on expanding your local market as you grow your business, start off with broader area pages such as counties, especially if you’re planning on expanding to other cities within the same counties. You can then drill down to specific cities, towns, districts, buroughs, communities, neighborhoods, blocks, and so forth.
Creating a SEO Loop of Area Profile Pages
Area profile pages are are most effective for SEO when they link to the main parent area profile page and visa versa. You should also link area pages to other area profile pages within your site whenever possible. Here’s an example: Subdivision area pages linked to town or city pages; town or city pages linked to county pages; county pages linked to main parent page, and main parent page linking back to all child pages. This creates a looping SEO link structure, which will help boost area authority for your local market.
Parent/Child URL Structure and Hierarchy for Local SEO
Below is an example of area profile pages with SEO parent/child url hierarchy:
http://realtyresource.com/phoenix-az-communities/ (Parent Area page)
http://realtyresource.com/phoenix-az-communities/northeast-valley/ (Child Area Page)
http://realtyresource247.com/phoenix-az-communities/northeast-valley/carefree/ (Child Child Area page)
The Geo-targeting Take Away
You can create powerful local authority and domination in the index for your topics and keyword phrases by linking website area profile pages to one another (SEO loop), and to other relevant pages/posts within your website.
Geo-targeted SEO Content and Local Area Profile Page Examples
- Denver Metro Real Estate Market Trends for July 2016
- Mortgage & Financing Page
- Nashville Real Estate & Lifestyle
- Pricing Your Ocala Home Correctly: Sell Fast for the Best Price
- Why the MLS is Important for Selling Your Colorado Home
- Ocala Florida Community Profile
- Seattle Area Commercial Cleaning & Janitorial Services
- How to Boost Your Ocala Home’s Curb Appeal and Add Value
- Moving to Arizona!
- Chicago Real Estate Sees the Season Closing Strong
- Franklin TN Real Estate & Lifestyle
- Country Club of Ocala Subdivision Page
- Metro Denver Housing Market 2016- Changes is in The Air
- 2015 Trends in Chicago Real Estate
- Tips for Metro Denver Homes Sellers in A Hot Market
- Sun City West Real Estate & Lifestyle
- Chicago’s Hispanic Community
- It May Be a Good Time to Sell Your Metro Denver Home
- Los Angeles Area Profile
- Nashville Tennessee Electrical Contractor
- San Francisco Area Profile
- Greater Nashville Home Buyers
- Hillsborough County FL Area Profile
- Pinellas County FL Area Page
- Pasco County FL Area Page
- Greater Nashville Home Sellers
- Colorado Home Sellers – What happens at Closing
- Santa Clara Area Profile
- Los Angeles Area Profile
- Chicago’s Hispanic Community
- Glendale AZ Real Estate & Lifestyle
- Cupertino Area Profile
- Maricopa County Real Estate & Lifestyle
- Palo Alto Area Profile
If you have a brand new website or would like to kick up your current website local authority and placement in the index to the next level, we highly recommend that you add geo-targeted area profiles to your page mix. Comprehensive area profiles are not for the “faint of heart.” They take time to research, format, link (internal and external) and optimize properly for top placement and conversion. If you don’t have time to create your own geo-targeted area profile pages, we will be happy to create them for you!
Related SEO Content Marketing Articles
- On-page SEO: How to Get Found Now in the Search Results!
- How to Write an Effective Blog Post in 3 Easy steps
- The Art of Crafting The Ultimate Blog Post Title
- Business Blogging has Become An Indispensable Web Marketing Tool
- Geo-targeted SEO Real Estate Content for Local Authority
- Why RSS is An Important Marketing Tool for Your Blog
- Business SEO Blogging Training
- Regularly Updating Your Content Keeps It Fresh
- Business Blogging – Quantity-focused Content Doesn’t Cut the Mustard
- Linking Strategies Have a New Game Face
website SEO content services | ongoing SEO blogging services
If you are interested in improving your search engine placement and increasing your conversion rate, please fill out the online contact form or give us a call. We can help you achieve your online marketing goals with professional SEO content services – all industries and markets!
Get Found Now! SEO Content Services
Phone: 813.782.1619 (Best)
seobloggingdiva (@) gmail.com