SEO Blog posts can be bold, opinionated, witty, authoritative and personable. Your voice and spin on things is what makes a blog a blog and why people like reading them in the first place, so don’t hold back.
Here are a few SEO blogging tips to get you started:
SEO Blog Post Length
Although there are no hard and fast rules about SEO blog post length, I have found that it’s difficult to engage readers with a snippet of content and it’s just as hard to keep them engaged when a post is too long. Around 500-600 words of interesting content is enough to engage readers without losing them and enough content to optimize for the search engines without it sounding keyword stuffed.
SEO Blog Post Topic Authority
Rambling all over the place in a post not only confuses your readers, it confuses the search engines. Stay focused on one main topic and build on that topic. Sub-topics are fine as long as they relate to the main topic. Blog post topic authority equals search engine placement and the way you get it is by writing interesting, topic-focused content that people enjoy reading and link back to. So, write for people then go back and optimize for search engines. To learn more about authority, read Blog Authority Starts with Quality Content and SEO Blogging for Inbound Links and Authority.
From a usability standpoint, heading tags (h2, h3, h4, etc.) organize content and provide at-a-glance formatting for your readers. Heading tags are also good for SEO if they support the h1 heading tag or main title of your SEO blog post, as this one does. Heading tags let your readers and the search engines know what your post is about.
Adding Images to SEO Blog Posts
Eye-catching images visually enhance SEO blog posts. Images get people to read down past the title and help break up blocks of content. Images are also good for SEO if you give them a title/ ALT text description. Search engines can’t read images, but they can read images titles/ALT text.
For more information about adding images to blog posts (finding and saving images, SEO and images, royalty free images, public domain images, etc.), read The Lowdown on Adding Images to Blog Posts.
If you follow these simple, yet effective SEO blogging tips, you’ll build up your blog authority and search engine placement for the posts you write.
On Get Found Now, we give away a ton of free SEO information for webmasters, written by Michael Stankard, and SEO blogging tips for non-SEO experts, written by Victoria Stankard – SEO WordPress success -the Diva and Cowboy Way! Learn more about SEO business blogging on WordPress and why it’s the answer for top, organic search engine placement:
- Write a new blog post or give an earlier post a face lift?
- Blog authority starts with quality content
- SEO Website geo-targeting for specific locales
- The lowdown on adding images to blog posts
- SEO Blogging – How Google spiders your site!
- SEO blogging for inbound links and authority
- SEO Blogging – 5 tips for top search engine placement
- How to use tags for WordPress blog SEO
- The magic formula for SEO blogging success!
- SEO real estate content – show me proof in the SERPs!
- Keywords – The first tool in your SEO tool kit
- Five SEO WordPress blog writing tips for better blogging
- Deconstruction of a 500 word marketing article
- SEO website help or SEO website scam?
- SEO WordPress – Kicking it up to notches unknown!
- SEO article marketing on WordPress
- Website usability and “curb appeal”
- SEO WordPress training
- Do you really want to outsource your content offshore?
- Duplicate content and web content plagiarism
- Website search engine optimization case studies
If you would like information about coaching for SEO business blogging, SEO WordPress training (boot camp), SEO content services, SEO WordPress installation, static website conversion to WordPress or a SEO tune-up for your existing WordPress site, please fill out the online contact form or give us a call at 813.443-1585.
Let us help you GET FOUND NOW!