As a professional SEO copywriter for the past 7 years, I have fine tuned my ability to write engaging SEO content for web users and I have become pretty darn good at getting topic authority and organic search engine placement utilizing good SEO practices. If you want to achieve top search engine placement for your own blog, follow these 5 easy SEO blogging tips:
1). SEO Blogging – Formatting
Writing content for web users is different than writing content for offline publication. Blog posts are most effective when they are written and laid out in a specific manner. I call it “Internet at-a-glance writing and formatting,” which allows web readers to visually skim a page and ascertain if it’s worth their time to read.
Most web users want quick and easy information they don’t have to work for. Disjointed content, poorly written content or content that’s overly keyword focused is a huge turn off to site visitors. You only have about 30 seconds or less to grab their attention before they bounce to another site, so you need to reel them in with interesting content that’s to the point.
2). SEO Blogging – Title and Heading Tags
Good SEO titles and title meta tags are SUPER important for search engine placement. Make sure that your blog post title has SEO and that your title meta tags help build topic authority for your post.
I like to organize and break up blocks of content utilizing h2, h3 or h4 heading tags. I never use h1 title tags within a post because search engines look at h1tags to ascertain page topic and I don’t want any topic confusion. I also find that I get more SEO juice if my heading tags include the keywords/search terms I am going after. If heading tags within a post reiterate the main title of the post, they help build overall topic authority.
3). SEO Blogging – Optimized Images
Adding images to a post is also a great way to break up blocks of content and add visual appal. Once I’m done flushing out blog post, I always look forward to adding the perfect images that will make the post come alive. Images can also be optimized with search terms/keywords. Search engines can’t read images but they can read image titles, so I always optimize my images.
4). SEO Blogging – Search Terms/Keywords
When I blog, I focus on proven SEO methods that I know are going to get me top, search engine placement. First of all, I only go after 2 to 3 keywords/search terms when writing a 500 or so word blog post. For longer posts, I may go after a few more. It’s all about keyword density and if you want to learn more about that, read “Keywords – The first tool in our SEO Tool Box.”
5). SEO Blogging – Topic Authority
Search engine placement is all about topic authority and the way I get it is by pounding the search engines with SEO blog posts for the search term(s) I want to conquer. For example, a month ago, I wanted placement for “SEO blogging “(a tough nut to crack), so I wrote a slew of articles (unique content) optimized for “SEO blogging.”
My blog post titles also included long tail variations on that theme, such as SEO Blogging Tips, SEO Blogging 101, WordPress SEO blogging , SEO blogging Formula, SEO blogging SERP Results, SEO Blogging Questions and Answers, SEO Blogging whatever. Well, after about a month, I was finally able to get on the first page for all of the above, except for “SEO blogging,” an actual domain name. Hey, I’m not giving up yet. #2 will work just fine for me!
I have utilized all 5 tips in this post about SEO blogging, so follow it in the next few days and let’s see where it lands in the index.
* As of November 27, 2010, this post is # 1 in the index for “SEO blogging for search engine placement,” “SEO blogging search engine placement ,” “SEO blogging and search engine placement,” “search engine placement and SEO blogging” and #2 for search engine placement SEO blogging.” Hey, I’m good with that!!
Learn more about SEO blogging and why quality, SEO content generation on WordPress is the answer for top, search engine placement.
- SEO blogging tips – SERP results
- SEO website help or SEO website scam?
- SEO real estate content – show me proof in the SERPs!
- How to use tags for WordPress blog SEO
- The magic formula for SEO blogging success!
- Keywords – The first tool in your SEO tool kit
- Five SEO WordPress blog writing tips for better blogging
- SEO article marketing on WordPress
- SEO Blogging 101 – How to write blog posts for people and spiders
- SEO WordPress – Kicking it up to notches unknown!
- Deconstruction of a 500 word marketing article
- Website usability and “curb appeal”
- SEO Website geo-targeting for specific locales
- SEO WordPress training
- Do you really want to outsource your content offshore?
- Duplicate content and web content plagiarism
- Website search engine optimization case studies
SEO WordPress and Quality, Optimized Content – The Best of Both Worlds!
If you are interested in SEO WordPress training , SEO Copywriting, SEO WordPress blog design, static website conversion to WordPress or SEO for your existing WordPress website, please fill out the online contact form or give us a call at (813) 443-1585 or (813) 484-1363.
Let us help you GET FOUND NOW!
Follow us on Twitter