After a recent post I wrote about SEO blogging and how Google spiders your site, I received a flurry of questions/comments about blogging for the purpose of creating back links or inbound links to a static website or “main website” on a blog that has a separate domain.
SEO blogging for the purpose of generating inbound links to a static website is a smart move “in theory,” but only if the blog itself has blog authority. Basically, the more authority your blog has, the more “link juice” you’ll get from your back links to your static website and the better your placement will be in the index for the posts you write.
Blogging for People Builds Blog Authority
So, you ask, how does one build up blog authority? You get it by feeding the search engines a steady stream of on-topic, engaging, informative, optimized blog posts that create discussion (comments and questions that you answer), reblogging, track-backs, pingbacks, tweets (love), facebooks, etc., and people linking to your posts, while blogging on their own blog.
One of the most important measures for website/blog authority is how many other sites link to it and the more links you have the better your ranking. Quality links from ‘authoritative sites’ will help build your rank in search engines even more. Inbound links are an indication that your website is a reliable source and has good content.
Once you’ve built up a meaty foundation of informative, on-topic posts, you can also write straight up promotional posts about why you are the “man” or “woman” for the job or why your product or service will rock the world! First, build up blog authority.
Inbound links from a website or blog that has authority will benefit your static or main website – no doubt about it. Do a good job of building authority for your own blog and it will not only help build authority for your static site, it will dominate your competitors in the SERPs.
Down the road, you may even want to attach a blog to your static or main website as a directory. That way, you are building authority for your website ‘as you write on your blog.’ If you decide to go this route, avoid naming your blog “Blog” in the main nav on your website. Call it “Resource Center,” News,” anything but “Blog,” or name it a keyword that you may not have used in your main website domain.
Converting a Static Website to a Dynamic Blog
GET FOUND NOW was a static website that we converted to a WordPress blog a few years ago. We recently upgraded to StudioPress-Genesis, which gave our site a major face lift and we’ve been reaping the benefits in our search engine placement with ever since.
Keep in mind that not all statc websites are a walk in the park to convert (shopping carts can be troublesome) and if you already have placement, you may not want to ‘upset the shopping cart’ with a static website blog conversion. In certain cases, we recommend attaching a blog to your website as a directory or SEO blogging on a separate, self-hosted blog.
**If you would like to leave a comment on this post or check out the after-post discussion (questions and banter) visit A Blog about SEO Blogging on ActiveRain. Due to unprecedented amounts of blatant spam, spamouflage and security issues, we have disallowed comments on Get Found Now. ActiveRain is an open forum for questions and we invite you to ask, comment AND disagree!
Quality Content for People – The Cornerstone of SEO Blogging Success!
Learn more about SEO blogging and why quality, optimized website content is the answer for top, organic search engine placement. Type in “seo blogging search engine placement” or “seo business blogging” and see for yourself!
- Blog authority starts with quality content
- SEO Blogging – How Google spiders your site!
- SEO WordPress success -The Diva and Cowboy way!
- 5 SEO blogging tips for top search engine placement
- How to use tags for WordPress blog SEO
- Pleasure blogging vs SEO business blogging
- SEO blogging tips – SERP results
- SEO WordPress training
- SEO website help or SEO website scam?
- The magic formula for SEO blogging success!
- SEO article marketing on WordPress
- SEO content for real estate
- SEO real estate content – show me proof in the SERPs!
- Keywords – The first tool in your SEO tool kit
- Five SEO WordPress blog writing tips for better blogging
- SEO Blogging 101 – How to write blog posts for people and spiders
- SEO WordPress – Kicking it up to notches unknown!
- Do you really want to outsource your content offshore?
- Deconstruction of a 500 word marketing article
- SEO Website geo-targeting for specific locales
- Website usability and “curb appeal”
- Duplicate content and web content plagiarism
- Website search engine optimization case studies
If you are interested in SEO Business Blogging Coaching, SEO WordPress training , SEO copywriting services, SEO WordPress set up (StudioPress-Genesis), static website conversion to WordPress or a SEO tune-up for your existing WordPress system, please fill out the online contact form or give us a call at 813.782.1619 or 813.4841363.
Let us help you GET FOUND NOW!