I have read a few posts lately about getting in there and just doing it whether you are an expert blogger or not and one rather snobbish post that begged you not to just do it. Well, here is MY spin on the subject.
No other person can get your message across better than you can. However, the way you present your message and the way you optimize it for the search engines may need some improvement which you can get with just a few SEO blog coaching sessions. It really doesn’t take much.
I admit that I have been a professional blogger for quite some time. But I will also be the first to admit that I was not very good at it when I first started out. As a matter of fact, I stunk to the high heavens even though I have a journalism background and kept personal diaries since the age of 10.
My first professional blogging gig was with New Homes Realty where I actually got paid for blogging. Of course, I had been writing page content and blogging for a variety of business ventures for some time. My husband and I have dabbled in a wide variety of industries, so Internet writing and online business promotion was nothing new to me by a long shot.
But, when I first starting for New homes, an actual “paid gig,” it was different. First of all, I worked among seasoned staff writers with extensive professional journalism backgrounds. One had been with the St. Pete Times for many years and the other was a well established independent writer in her own right. Believe me, scrutinizing eyes were upon me and they made me a MUCH better blogger.
My first posts reeked of myamateur status as I had not truly found my voice. But after writing about 100 posts, I finally got my chops down, found my groove and I was in there with the best of them. Believe me, this did not happen over night.
You have to just write, because your creative voice morphs out of your own writing. Start wherever you are at, where you are right now! Put your perfectionist ego aside and don’t listen to other ego heads telling you not to write if you are not a already a fantastic blogger. Pompous and VERY bad advice!
ALSO, Don’t worry about “losing your audience” either or “throwing crap out into the Universe.” Keep writing, keep writing, keep writing because there is no other way to get better at it other than just doing it. And guess what, the Internet does happen to be VERY forgiving because you can easily go back and update previously written posts that may not represent your best work and shoot them back out again.
Don’t ever feel threatened by others saying you shouldn’t blog if you don’t blog like a pro. Put your best foot out there – be yourself and let your personality shine through. You will only get better and how does that happen? – by continuous blogging! Rock on bloggers, rock on!
Read all 53 comments and answers on this same blog post syndicted on ActiveRain!
WordPress SEO Blog Design and Quality Content
On our website, we give away a ton of free, up-to-date information about WordPress and SEO business blogging. Learn more about why people-focused, optimized content on WordPress is the answer for top, organic search engine placement – SEO WordPress success – the Diva and Cowboy Way!
Related Articles about SEO Blogging:
- Are you SEO business blogging or just blogging?
- Does your WordPress site need a tune-up?
- WordPress magic happens when YOU work It!
- Effective blogging for your target market
- SEO Blogging – You are either on the bus or off the bus
- Never Consider Your WordPress Site as “Finished”
- Quality SEO content vs quantity rules when it comes to traffic conversion
- Why users are taking the Internet away From the marketers
- Get found online with content focused SEO blogging
- SEO deep link navigation – Weaving posts between pages equals SEO success!
- The importance of quality vs quantity content
- WordPress SEO Blog Design – What makes Get Found Now different!
- SEO blogging coaching – Get Found Now!
- SEO blogging – Google 3.0 update – keep it local
- Not all real estate blogging is created equal
- WordPress SEO blog design, usability and lead generation
- The Sacred blogging zone
- Content is King!
- Real estate blogging tip – Start with a smart content plan
- SEO business blogging – A Societal trend that’s here to stay
- Five SEO myths debunked
- Website curb Appeal is paramount to your online success
- WordPresstraining, business blog coaching and SEO
- The best hosting for WordPress – understand your options
- Website geo-targeting for area authority using embedded Google maps
- Blogging is here to stay and the best way to promote your business online
- Write a new blog post or give an earlier post a face lift?
- Too many cooks in the WordPress kitchen – Recipe for disaster!
- WordPress trackbacks and pingbacks – Communication links between blogs
- WordPress SEO company recipe for success!
- Blog authority starts with quality content
- The lowdown on adding images to SEO blog posts
- SEO Blogging – How Google spiders your site!
- How to use tags for WordPress blog SEO
We have years of experience installing, configuring and optimizing WordPress, and trainingpeople how to SEO blog effectively on it. Get Found Now is a WordPress site with a 99/100 overall Moz website score. This is what we bring to the table and can help you attain for your own WordPress blog! Check out what our valued clients have to say about us on our testimonials page.
If you would like us to design you a brand new WordPress blogging platform (Portfolio), would like a WordPress back-end tune-up on your existing self-hosted WordPress site (only $99), or need some SEO blog coaching, please give us a call at 813.782.1619.
WordPress StudioPress-Genesis and SEO Experts